donderdag 5 november 2009

AAs, ATC and fibre page

This is the gorgeous AA I received from Ati in Norway. The bottom left part is handmade paper by Ati. I love it, its gorgeous. Tonight the ladies of my stitch & bitch group were in awe with this piece. Thank you Ati.
Dit is de prachtige AA die ik ontving van Ati in Noorwegen. De linker onderhelft is door Ati gemaakt papier. Ik vind het schitterend. Vanavond waren de dames van de breigroep ook weg van dit werk. Dank je Ati.

This is the backside with the poem.
Time
whether we count
the years in numbers
you cannot slow down or speed up
what has to come
Toon
Dit is de achterkant met het gedicht.

I don't know why this picture is this big compared to the above. Its an ATC with autumn theme made for a swap on stitchin fingers. This ATC will travel all the way to South Africa.
Ik weet niet waarom deze afbeelding zo groot is in vergelijking met die hierboven. Het is een ATC in herfstthema voor een ruil op stitchin fingers. Deze ATC gaat helemaal naar Zuid Afrika.

These are some motifs I made up.
Dit zijn een paar motiefjes die ik heb verzonnen.

My AA for Helinä is finished. I still have to pick a poem and write it onto the back and get it in the mail to her, so I cannot show the whole piece, but this is a detail.
Mijn AA voor Helinä is af. Ik moet nog een gedicht uitkiezen en op de achterkant schrijven en dan versturen, dus kan ik 'm niet in z'n geheel tonen, maar hier is een detail.

Finally I've come up with a front page for the pages I received through the swap on Fibre Fever.
I've kept it simple. The beauty is inside. Hand dyed cotton, a stenciled butterfly with pearl paint ( I cut the stencil myself) surrounded by hand stitched rayon embroidery floss. Lettering with an opaque metallic pen.
Ik heb eindelijk een voorpagina gemaakt voor de textielpagina's die ik heb ontvangen via de ruil van Fibre Fever. Ik heb 't simpel gehouden, de schoonheid zit vanbinnen. Handgeverfde katoen, een met parelmoerverf gesjabloneerde vlinder (zelf gesneden stencil) buitenlijnen geborduurd met rayon borduurgaren. Letters met een opake metallic pen.

Geen opmerkingen: