zaterdag 12 maart 2011

Beatles


At the ATC group of stitchinfingers we had a swap with the theme "song".
Anne made this ATC for me: A ticket to ride by the Beatles. The back of this ATC has a pocket that holds the ticket. I love this ATC, what a clever idea! Thank you Anne.
De ATC groep van stitchinfingers had een ruil met als thema "lied".
Anne heeft deze ATC voor mij gemaakt: A ticket to ride van de Beatles. Aan de achterkant van deze ATC zit een vakje met daarin het kaartje. Wat een leuke ATC, zo origineel.

I'm participating in the fabric pages swap at Fibre Fever. I'm finishing the last pages. This one is for Helinä. She chose a Beatles theme. Tineke, one of the members of my knitting group, gave me the information I needed to make this page. She sent me the Chinese characters of the original text by Laotse. I painted these characters in reverse with transferpaint and ironed them onto satin. This text inspired the Beatles to write the song "inner light". With a title like that I wanted to create transparency. Below you can see the layers that make this page. I hope Helinä likes the result.



Voor de textielpaginaruil van Fibre Fever moest ik een pagina voor Helinä maken met het thema Beatles. Ik ben geen Beatles fan en vond het moeilijk hier een pagina voor te maken. Tineke, die bij dezelfde breigroep zit als ik, bracht uitkomst. Ze stuurde mijn een pagina met Chinese karakters, dit is de originele tekst van Laotse, die de Beatles inspireerde tot het schrijven van het nummer "inner light". Met zo'n titel wilde ik iets transparants maken. Hierboven de 4 laagjes die samen de pagina vormen. Ik heb de karakters in spiegelschrift overgeschilderd met transferverf en toen op satijn gestreken. Ik hoop dat Helinä de pagina mooi vindt.

3 opmerkingen:

Trillian As zei

I love the card from Anne. That is a wonderful one.

christina zei

Wat is die pagina van jou prachtig geworden. Echt een plaatje

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits zei

That is the funnest card! Love it!
xx, shell