dinsdag 30 augustus 2011

gladiolen

My dad loves the gladiolus. After buying Frieda's book, I wanted to make a quilt of the gladiolus for my dad and since there wasn't any in the book I decided to design my own gladiolus quilt in her style. Here's the result with below it the pictures of the process from drawing to finished quilt. All made up from hand dyed fabrics. The quilt is now on the wall in my parents' house.
Mijn vader houd van de gladiool. Nadat ik het boek van Frieda had gekocht wilde ik een quilt met gladiolussen maken maar die stond niet in het boek. Daarom heb ik er zelf een ontworpen, maar wel in de stijl van het boek. Hieronder een foto van het resultaat met daaronder foto's van het proces van tekening tot kant en klare quilt. Alles gemaakt van zelfgeverfde stoffen. De quilt hangt nu bij mijn ouders aan de muur.






















5 opmerkingen:

Suztats zei

It's beautiful!

Marja. zei

het is geweldig!!!!!!

Ellen zei

Ik had de quilt al gezien,maar toch nog een keer mijn compliment,erg mooi.

Gayle from MI zei

Great job! I love the quilting you chose. It's just perfect for this piece!

Relentless Toil zei

You have done wonderful work! Frieda is a great inspiration.