woensdag 28 mei 2008

fans for Leslie

This is a dyb rr with fans as theme. I've just finished working on Leslie's block. The two ladies before me both added a silky, so I had to add a silky as well or this block would be out of tune. Gerry sent me the silky and its so pretty I'd rather keep it myself. Well, here it is, I stitched it down using sweetheart roses and detached chains for leaves. I dyed the lace for the peach colored fan in the top left corner. I added metallic thread to the dragonfly that's woven into the fabric. its so pretty, I didn't want to add any more to it. I crocheted two fans, made them quite different and embellished them with beads. the bigger beads on the ecru fan are pnk craquelé. I used pearl beads for the pink fan.

Gerry sent me the white cord which I used to outline the lilac fan, added a row of perl colored beads inside the cord line. outside the lace I added iridiscent faceted lilac beads, but they are rather transparent. then I filled the fan with sweetheart roses and dmc variegated floss.

The damselfly is made from Gütermann Sulky metallic thread. the wings are detached buttonholestitches. I used a pattern from Jane Nicholas wonderfull dragonfly book.

Dit is Leslie's rr blok met waaier thema. Het is een klein blokje van 15 bij 15 en het moet helemaal versierd worden. omdat de twee dames voor mij ieder een zijdeprentje met een dame hadden geappliceerd, moest ik dat ook wel doen om de eenheid in de blokken te bewaren. ik heb met zijdeling roosjes en blaadjes de rand weggewerkt. voor de waaier linksboven heb ik het kantje geverfd zodat het beter bij het blok paste. de roze en ecru waaiers heb ik gehaakt en vastgezet met kraaltjes.


hier is een close up van de roosjes en blaadjes van zijdelint. de waterjuffer is gemaakt naar een patroon uit het libellenboek van Jane Nicholas. zij maakt prachtige stumpwork ontwerpen. ik voor het borduurwerk naaimachine garen gebruikt: Gütermann Sulky metallic. niet lekker om mee te werken, maar het resultaat is wel echt. de vleugels zijn gemaakt van naaldkant: knoopsgatensteekjes.

Geen opmerkingen: