zondag 3 januari 2010

finished some atcs and fibre pages

After my last post things didn't really improve healthwise. I'm still not back to normal, but I've finally started to do some stitching again. That feels so good.
I've made 2 ATCs but I'm showing only one. This one is for the textile ATC swap on the stitchin'fingers ninggroup. January's theme is 10, because of the new year: 2010. First I was stumped by the theme, but these lovely little white flowers were the answer. I'm pleased with the result. The second ATC is for the atc birthday swap. I will show that ATC after Sheila's bd.
Na m'n laatste post ging het nog niet beter met m'n gezondheid. Het is nog steeds niet wat het wezen moet, maar ik ben eindelijk weer bezig met handwerken. Dat voelt zo goed.
Ik heb 2 textiel ATCs gemaakt maar ik laat er maar eentje zien. Deze is voor de textiel ATC ruil van de stitchin'fingers ning groep. Het thema voor januari is 10, vanwege het nieuwe jaar: 2010. Eerst wist ik niet wat ik met het thema aan moest, maar de kleine witte bloemetjes brachten uitkomst. Ik ben blij met het resultaat. De tweede ATC is voor de ATC verjaardagsruil. Ik zal de ATC laten zien na de verjaardag van Sheila.

This is a bookpage made for Wilma. Her theme is France. I used fabric that's typical for the Provence and embroidered some motifs. I hope she likes it.
Dit is een textielpagina voor Wilma. Haar thema is Frankrijk. Ik heb Provençaalse stof gebruikt en wat motieven geborduurd. Ik hoop dat ze 't mooi vindt.

Another book page. Theme: with a song in my heart. For: Margreet. I chose to portray the lovely Bette Midler song the Rose. I hope she likes it, I'm quite happy with the result.
Nog een textielpagina. Thema: met een lied in mijn hart. Voor: Margreet. Ik heb ervoor gekozen het prachtige nr van Bette Midler uit te beelden, the Rose. Ik hoop dat ze het mooi vind, ik ben echt tevreden met het resultaat.

some say love, it is a river
that drowns the tender reed
some say love, it is a razor
that leaves your soul to bleed
some say love, it is a hunger
an endless aching need
I say love, it is a flower
and you it's only seed

it's the heart, afraid of breaking
that never learns to dance
it's the dream, afraid of waking
that never takes a chance
it's the one who won't be taken
who cannot seem to give
and the soul, afraid of dyin'
that never learns to live

when the night has been too lonely
and the road has been too long
and you think that love is only
for the lucky and the strong
just remember in the winter
far beneath the bitter snows
lies the seed, that with the sun's love
in the spring becomes The Rose

I think I forgot to show you the full picture of the AA I made for Helinä. This is it.
Ik denk dat ik vergeten ben de complete foto van de AA voor Helinä te laten zien, dit is 'm.

5 opmerkingen:

Ati zei

Prachtige pagina's Cobi. Ik ben blij dat je je weer iets beter voelt :)

Jeanne zei

Prachtige pagina's , Cobi! En nu helemaal beter worden , hou je taai!

Trillian As zei

Happy new Year. Hope you will be fine soon. I like you work.
Thank you for the song of the rose.

The bad Liz zei

I found your blog though the Bead Journal Project - some of your items are really interesting, also beautiful.

Look forward to seeing your work through the year.

Liz - the Bad Liz

Kathy zei

Sorry to hear you've been ill, but glad you are feeling better.

Your little pieces are lovely. So creative!

Kathy (from Kate's ATC swap)