woensdag 5 mei 2010

so far, so good

I've been reading the instructions about making textilepaper here. I learned about it from Ati who has made it several times. I finally gathered the courage to actually make it. First I did the stamping. All stamps are my own making except the pumpkin.
Ik heb de instructies om textielpapier te maken hier gelezen. Ik had erover gehoord van Ati die het al een paar keer heeft gemaakt. Nu heb ik eindelijk de moed bijeengeraapt om het ook te gaan maken. Ik begon met stempelen. Alle stempels heb ik zelf gemaakt behalve de pompoen.

Then the wetwork started. I tore parts from an English dictionary, old music and a Japanese newspaper. I added poetry pictures and leaf skeletons. I also added some silk flowers and a piece of lace. The last 2 I removed again, the flowers were too shaped to stick well and the lace didn't stick well either. I had 2 paper napkins with nice, matching prints and colors that I tore and glued on. I finished by adding pink glitters and some paint.
Verder met het natte werk. Ik heb stukjes uit een Engels woordenboek en een Japanse krant gescheurd alsmede oude muziek. Ik heb er poëzieplaatjes bijgedaan en bladskeletten. Verder nog een paar kunstbloemen en een stuk kant. Dat wilde niet plakken, de bloemen hadden teveel reliëf en het kant was kennelijk te dik. Ik had 2 papieren servetten met leuke bijpassende afbeeldingen die ook goed kleurden, daar heb ik motiefjes uit gescheurd en opgeplakt. Als laatste heb ik roze glitter en wat verf aangebracht.


Now its drying. Cannot wait to see how it will turn out when dry. I could add some transfers with transferpaint if needed. Of course I could also sew on some silk flowers. For future projects I could also use dried weeds and flowers I think. This is fun!
Nu ligt 't te drogen. Ik kan niet wachten tot 't droog is. Ik zou nog afdrukken met transferverf kunnen maken indien nodig. Natuurlijk kan ik ook nog kunstbloemen opnaaien. Als ik dit nog een keer maak, zou ik ook gedroogde planten/bloemen kunnen gebruiken. Dit is leuk!

5 opmerkingen:

Karen zei

How lovely!! Thanks for stopping buy! Your beautiful work would loook great on a pillow. Did you have a chance to see the post where I showed the table runner I made with the doilys too? It is really sweet too.

Doreen G zei

Fabulous fabric paper Cobi I look forward to seeing where you end up using it.

kerrykatiecakes2 zei

How cool! Looks like you are off on another adventure!
Hugs,
Kerry

Thelma zei

Looking great Cobi! I definately gotta give this a try.

carole brungar zei

Cobi your paper is very pretty! Lovely colours!
Carole :)