woensdag 12 augustus 2009

I've been quiet for a couple of days, because I'm staying at my parents since last Sunday. After a rather busy, happy and creative period reality kicked in and pretty much overwhelmed me. I'm so lucky to be able to have my parents to go to. I'm being spoiled and I'm loving it. Slowly the tension is reducing and I picked up stitching again. I'm working on Cathy's willow block. I've made 2 pollard willows and did a twig of a weeping willow. The willow is by far my favorite tree.
I've just been googling pictures of bugs living on or in willows. Maybe I can incorporate them in this block, but I have to make some sketches first. Yesterday was my bd and we've celebrated it by buying pressies for dd, who will have her bd next week.

Cathy's willow block in process.
Ik ben een poosje stil geweest want ik logeer nu bij m'n ouders. Na een bezige, drukke en creatieve periode sloeg mijn stemming om in triest en vreselijk nerveus. Ik ben zo'n bofkont dat ik lekker naar m'n ouders kan gaan, ik word hier verwend en het is heerlijk. Langzaam vermindert de spanning wat, gelukkig en ik ben weer aan het borduren gegaan. Ik ben bezig met Cathy's wilgenblok. De wilg is absoluut mijn favoriete boom.
Ik heb twee knotwilgen gemaakt plus een twijg van een treurwilg. Ik ben nu op google insecten gezocht die op of in wilgen leven. Eens kijken of ik daar iets mee kan, eerst maar eens schetsen maken. Gisteren hebben we mijn verjaardag gevierd door voor m'n dochter kadootjes te kopen. Zij is volgende week jarig.

2 opmerkingen:

Skye zei

Cobi, I'm so glad that you are having a wonderful birthday..Pleaes know that you are in my prayers for your down time, I hope the stress is going away rapidly.I think it's wonderful you have such a grand family to spoil you for your birthday..Just know that I miss your post but totally understand...hugs, Skye

murgelchen zei

It´s a wonderful block, so beautiful colors.
LG,
Helga