zondag 30 augustus 2009

updates

I've been stitching on Karrin's block. I've added a new ribbon on the right side. I got this idea from Wilma who made this on a fibre page for me. I embroidered a pale pink blossom at the top right and I don't like it. For once dd agrees so off it'll go. I love the rounded shape at the bottom of the block and added the green hairy yarn that makes it look like its topped with grass. This asks for adding tiny flowers all over. On the left side I'm making a spray of lilac flowers, I'm embroidering light purple flowers on top of medium purple flowers to create a life like lilac twig.
Before I started on this block I made a small list: 1)hairy yarn along the mound edge 2) Hydrangea blossom from my new dimensional flower book 3) Angelina wings 4) seam treatment from project in latest Classic Stitches issue. Plenty of plans, that'll keep me stitching.
Ik ben aan het borduren op Karrin's blok. Ik heb een nieuw lint gemaakt aan de rechterkant. Ik kreeg dit idee van Wilma, zij maakte het op een textielpagina voor mij. Ik heb een lichtroze bloesem geborduurd rechtsboven. Die is niet naar m'n zin en Jose is het zomaar met me eens. Dus die gaat er weer af. Ik vind de ronde vorm onderaan het blok prachtig en ik wilde er meteen van dat groene harige garen op naaien. Lijkt net gras zo. Nu nog kleine bloemetjes in de vorm van knoopjessteken en het is naar m'n zin. Aan de linkerkant borduur ik een tros seringenbloesem. Eerst een laag middelpaarse bloesem met daarop een laag lila bloesem, zo lijkt het behoorlijk echt. Voor ik begon aan dit blok maakte ik een lijstje: 1) harig garen langs het heuveltje 2) hortensia bloesem in lichtroze 3) vleugels van Angelina 4) zoom uit nieuwste Classic Stitches. Genoeg ideëen om me voorlopig bezig te houden.




After experimenting with painted relief on an ATC I moved on to this red fibercard. The theme for this card is red. Well, so far so good. Now I have to rub in a pearl paint. I just cannot decide on the color. DD says silver as she usually does. I'm considering copper, pink, black, teal. I'm not good at choosing. Any suggestions?

Na m'n experiment met reliëf voor een ATC ben ik nu bezig met deze rode textielkaart. Het thema voor deze kaart is rood. Tot zo ver goed gelukt. Nu moet ik een parelmoerverf in het reliëf wrijven. Jose zegt zilver, dat zegt ze meestal. Ik zit te denken aan koper, roze, zwart of blauwgroen. Ik kan niet kiezen. Wie heeft een idee?








I'm in a landscape rr and there is one block with the Sonora dessert as theme. Living in a flat wet country without a dessert doesn't help getting inspiration. I googled the Sonora and printed a couple of pictures. My best hit was when I googled Brazilian embroidery and found a terrific cactus. For now I stitched along the edges of the mountains. I used new to me stitches for 3 edges. The blue rayon stitching on the top blue mountain is fly stitch, a favorite of mine. I love it for stitching curving vines. The new stitches are "bloembladsteek", I stitched it in pale green and ecru yarn on the dat darker brown mountain. It looks like Basque stitch but is stitched differently, easier I think. I cannot find an English name. If you know the English name please leave a comment. Next stitch is scroll stitch, I stitched it along the edge of the medium brown mountain. The curls don't seem to like to stay where they're supposed to. Third new to me stitch is done on the orange mountain in dark yellow yarn. Its called the Rosette stitch and I really enjoyed doing that one. Using a bit corse thread helps to let the stitch keep its shape. Now I have to start with the motifs.


Ik zit in een landschaps rr en daarin zit een blok met de Sonora woestijn als thema. Niet makkelijk als je woont in een vlak, nat landje aan de zee zonder een woestijn. Ik heb Sonora gegoogled en wat afbeelding afgedrukt ter inspiratie. M'n beste vondst was toen ik op Braziliaans borduurwerk zocht en een prachtig geborduurde cactus vond. Ik ben begonnen met het borduren van randjes langs de bergen. Drie steken waren nieuw voor me, de vierde was een oude bekende, de vliegsteek die ik met blauw rayon garen op de donkerblauwe berg heb geborduurd. Nieuw voor mij zijn de krulsteek in beige langs de middelbruine berg, bloembladsteek in ecru en zachtgroen op de donkerbruine berg en de Rosette kettingsteek in donkergeel langs de oranje berg. De krulsteek wil niet echt mooi blijven zitten. De bloembladsteek vind ik echt heel leuk en prettig om te doen. Voor de Rosette kettingsteek heb ik was stugger garen gebruikt waardoor de steek mooi blijft zitten. Ook die vond ik leuk om te doen. En dan nu de motieven.









This cute photo made me LOL so I wanted to share it with you.
Deze grappige foto maakte me aan het lachen dus wil ik met jullie delen.

Funny Pictures
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

Geen opmerkingen: