zondag 22 juni 2008

Album Amicorum

This is the 5th little quilt I've made for the Album Amicorum exchange at the Dutch fibermail group. This one is for Olga. I've painted the background fabric purple, but that hardly shows. I put a skeleton leaf on top and an striped transparent piece of fabric. Then stitched it with a pattern I found in Robbi Eklow's book. After that I appliqued a piece of painted and distorted Tyvek and 2 motifs made from fun foam that I strung on a string of beads. Second pic is of the backside of the quiltlet. Each aa comes with a saying or poem.
Dit is het 5de kleine quiltje dat ik heb gemaakt voor de Album Amicorum ruil van de fibermail groep. Deze is voor Olga. Ik heb de achtergrond paars geverfd, maar dat is nauwelijks nog te zien. Ik heb er een bladskelet opgelegd en gestreepte transparante stof. Vervolgens heb ik het doorgestikt volgens een patroon uit een boek van Robbi Eklow. Daarna heb ik er een stukje geverfde en vervormde Tyvek op geappliceerd en twee foam motiefjes aan een kralenkettinkje bevestigd en opgenaaid. Tweede foto is van de achterkant van het quiltje. Op ieder quiltje hoort een gedichtje of spreuk, zo ook op deze.

Geen opmerkingen: