maandag 2 juni 2008

tags and pages

I'm participating in a swap organised in the yahoo group cqinternational. We'll be making tags as described by Gail in her article in the latest CQMagonline . Its my plan to make and swap 3 tags. I've been putting them together today. All three are very different. At the first one I want to follow the print of the fabric and embroider the flowers with floss and silk ribbon and add beads. I haven't done it this way before and I'm quite curious how it will turn out.

The second tag is all in pink/purple; totally different from the
first nakid tag. Here I've added dark red lace and this adorable piece of braid that I received through a tea baggy swap. Tag 3 is all in green/gold colors, fabrics are built around a diamond shaped swatch with a bird print.

Ik heb me ingeschreven voor de ruil van labels van de yahoo groep cqinternational. We gaan labels maken zoals beschreven door Gail in het laatste exemplaar van CQMagonline . Ik ben van plan er 3 te maken voor de ruil. Ieder label is verschillend. Voor de eerste heb ik een printstofje gebruikt. Ik ben van plan de afbeelding te borduren met borduurgaren en zijdeling met toevoeging van kraaltjes. Ik heb dat nog niet eerder zo gedaan, dus ik ben benieuwd.



De tweede label is totaal verschillend en opgebouwd uit roze/paarse stoffen. Ik heb een donkerrood kantje toegevoegd plus een bandje dat ik via een thee ruil heb ontvangen. Label 3 is in allemaal groene tinten met gouden accenten uitgevoerd. Het is opgebouwd rond een ruitvormig lapje met een print van een vogeltje.




Í'm a member of 2 interesting groups at the ning group Stitchin' Fingers One group is about making fabric books. The other is starting over again with Sharon's challenge of 100 stitches in 100 days, tho' we'll be doing them in 200 days. I have made these two fabric pages for my stitch samples. When I'm done with the challenge I will put the pages together into a book, thus combining two groups/techniques: doing the stitches and making a fabric book.
Ik ben lid van 2 interessante groepen van de ning groep Stitchin'Fingers Een groep gaat over textiel boeken maken. De ander gaat opnieuw beginnen met Sharon's uitdaging van 100 steken in 100 dagen, al gaan wij er 200 dagen over doen. Ik heb deze twee textiel pagina's gemaakt voor m'n steken voorbeelden. Wanneer ik klaar ben met de uitdaging ga ik deze pagina's in een boekje maken, zodat ik op deze manier 2 technieken combineer: de steken uitvoeren en een textiel boek maken.

Geen opmerkingen: