zondag 22 juni 2008

Lauri's fantasy block

This is Lauri's fantasy block. When I received it, it had 2 beautifull dragons on it. Since fantasy is more that dragons I wanted to add something different. Problem was that I just didn't know whát. When I got my hands on the lace peacock I know this would be fit the theme and when painted in peacock colors it would complement the block colors. I used deka silk to paint the bird and stitched it down with monofill. I wanted the peacock to stand underneath a bow of wisteria and with its feet in a bush of hydrangea. I made the stem for the wisteria from 6 pieces of wire that I twisted 2 at a time. then I twisted the 3 twisted pieces around each other, making the stem. when it had the right height I made bows in the
branches and bend them in a bow over the peacock. I took the ends of the wire to the back of the fabric and tacked down the ends. I wrapped the wire with variegated floss and every inch or so attached it to the fabric. next were the flowerheards for the hydrangea. I drew circles onto hand dyed fabric and filled the circles with French knots in variegated thread. basted around the embroidery and cut out with a small seam allowence. appliqued the flowerheads in place. I made the stumpwork flowers of the hydrangea and the flowers and leaves of the wisteria according to a pattern in one of Di van Niekerk books.
I decided to fill the open space around the peacock according to instructions by Ann Cox. I finished the whole by adding silk ribbon detached chain stitched for leaves for the hydrangea.
Dit is Lauri's fantasy blok. Er stonden al twee draken op toen ik het blok ontving en aangezien fantasy meer is dan draken, wilde ik iets heel anders maken. Alleen had ik geen idee wát. Toen ik m'n pakketje met kant kreeg en er een kanten pauw in vond wist ik dat dat het zou worden. De kleuren van een pauw zouden goed bij het blok passen. Ik heb de pauw geverfd met deka silk en opgenaaid met monofil, een 'onzichtbaar' naaigaren. Een ramp om met de hand te gebruiken! Maar de pauw is onzichtbaar bevestigd en daar ging het om. Vervolgens heb ik cirkels getekend op handgeverfde stof en die cirkels heb ik opgevuld met knoopjessteken van gemeleerd garen. vervolgens heb ik om het borduurwerk heen geregen en de rondjes met een kleine naadtoeslag uitgeknipt. door het rijgdraadje aan te trekken vouwt het onder het borduurwerk en kun je ze appliceren.
De stam van de blauwe regen is gemaakt van metaaldraad. ik heb 6 stukjes geknipt en die twee aan twee in elkaar gedraaid. Die 3 setjes heb ik weer in elkaar gedraaid tot een stammetje en ter hoogte van de boog heb ik ze losjes in en uit elkaar laten gaan, zodat je afzonderlijke takken ziet. Toen heb ik de bloemen en bladeren van de blauwe regen geborduurd volgens aanwijzingen in een boek van Di van Niekerk. Het idee van de stumpwork hortensia is ook van haar. De ruimte tussen de boog en pauw heb ik opgevuld met stokrozen, geborduurd naar aanwijzingen van Ann Cox. Tussen de hortensia bloemen heb ik bladeren van zijde lint in ketting steek geborduurd. Verder heb ik het vogeltje helemaal rechts toegevoegd en het ronde kraaltje met motief tussen de pauw en de draak applicatie.

2 opmerkingen:

Lauri zei

It is beautiful! Thank you for all your hard work on my block.Also thank you for telling us HOW you did your work
Lauri

Judi zei

Beautiful Piece!! Judi