vrijdag 12 maart 2010

snowdyeing without snow

One day I was extremely tired and slept a lot. Suddenly I realized it was snowing. That would probably be the last time I had the chance to snow dye this season. So bit by bit I started prepairing for snow dyeing: mixing the SA and making dye stock. Put ready the trays. By the time I went outside to collect the snow it had melted away. I decided to dye anyway. This time I did parfaits without soaking them in SA. I stuffed the dry fabrics in the pots and poured dye stock and SA solution on top of them. These are the results. Even fronts and backs look different. I really love these results and I will do this more often.
Op een dag dat ik erg moe was sliep ik veel. Opeens kreeg ik in de gaten dat het sneeuwde. Dit zou waarschijnlijk m'n laatste kans op sneeuwverven zijn. Dus sutkje bij beetje begon ik met het klaarzetten van de spullen: sodabadje maken, verfstoffen oplossen. De bakken en potten klaarzetten. Toen ik dat eindelijk voor elkaar had ging ik naar buiten en .... je raadt t al, sneeuw is weggesmolten. Toch maar gaan verven. Deze keer heb ik droge stof in de potten gestopt, niet voorgeweekt in soda, en daar eerst verfoplossing en toen sodawater overheen gegoten. Dit zijn de resultaten en ik ben er blij mee. De voor en achterkanten zijn meestal niet gelijk. Grappig.
























above an overdyed white on white print.
hierboven een overgeverfde wit op wit print.
these are the front and back of the same fabric.
dit zijn de voor en achterkant van dezelfde lap.

4 opmerkingen:

Corryna zei

Prachtige lappen! In sommige zie ik een bladerdek, die je ziet als je onder een boom staat en naar boven kijkt. Heel mooi.

Jo in NZ zei

Cobi, these are just stunning. I can't take my eyes off them. They look like kaleidoscopes. Beautiful, beautiful.
XX

Mandy zei

These are beautiful.

Rose Anne B zei

OMGG I just love the fourth picture - it looks like a very nasty angry ocean in a storm!!! Very striking.